Beach front holiday cabins, powered sites and tent sites with easy access to Huon Valley, Bruny Island and Hobart.
Snug Beach Cabin and Caravan Park offers beach front holiday accommodation at Snug, in southern Tasmania. Snug is a 30 minute drive south from Hobart (24 kilometres) and 10 minutes from Kingston (10 kilometres) The park overlooks North West Bay and across to Bruny Island on the D'Entrecasteaux Channel. The property has self-contained cabins and powered and unpowered sites, set among landscaped gardens.
The one- and two-bedroom ensuite cabins can accommodate up to seven guests and have well equipped kitchens and a comfortable lounge area. There are powered sites to suit all lengths and styles of caravan, motor home and camper-trailer, including a number of long sites and some drive through-sites. The level, grassed camping area has absolute beach frontage.
There is a well-equipped amenities block including facilities for people with disabilities, a coin operated laundry and a camp kitchen with undercover barbeques, television and a log fire for the cooler evenings. The park provides a free WiFi connection to the internet.
A general store, tennis court and childrens' play area are all within walking distance. You can swim, fish or launch your boat at Snug Beach.
This is the perfect holiday place with beach frontage and a peaceful atmosphere, within easy reach of the many attractions along Tasmania's south-east coast and the Huon Valley. The car ferry to idyllic Bruny Island is a 10 minute drive to Kettering Harbour. The Huon Valley with its many attractions is within an easy 30 minute drive. This is an ideal base for discovering Hobart city in addition to exploring the Southern region.
Kingston has all the major supermarkets, banks, restaurants and other shops. Snug is on the main Hobart bus route and has a post office, butcher, service station, tavern and bottle shop.
* Explore the Huon Trail and Southern Region
* Most use us as a base for exploring Hobart and Southern Tasmania
* Bruny Island by car ferry (10 min)
* Drive or hike up Mt. Wellington (snow in winter!) (20 min).
* Tahune Forest Air Walk (1 ½ hr)
* Antartica base at Kingston (10 min)
* Sea Kayaking from Kettering (10 min)
* Hastings Caves and thermal springs (1 ½ hr)
* Hartz Mountains National Park (1 ½ hr)
* Mountain bike tours down Mt. Wellington !
* Vineyards and wineries galore
* Snug falls bushwalk. (10 min)
* Numerous hiking and 4WD tracks
* Port Arthur convict settlement
* Surf beaches or calm beaches suitable for kids
Bruny boat tours discovering cliffs, seals and dolphins (10 min)
* Channel Folk Museum (5 min)
* Wooden boat centre (20 min)
* Peppermint Bay regional produce (15min)
* Huon river jet boats (25 min)
* Grandvewe sheep cheesery (20 min)
* Unspoilt ocean beaches
* Great fishing - sea or river
* Various golf courses nearby
* Adjacent to tennis court
* Great for kayaking
Other suggested accommodation nearby
Discovery Parks - Mornington Hobart
Settle in and indulge at Discovery Parks – Mornington, with its gorgeous views of Moun…read more
Hobart Cabins and Cottages
Under new management and currently undergoing renovations, Hobart Cabins and Cottages…read more
Discovery Parks - Hobart
Nestled in a serene parkland setting and only a short walk to Risdon Cove and 10 minut…read more