Terms and Conditions | Gramping in Grampians promotion
Win the Ultimate Gramping in the Grampians
- Information on how to enter and prize forms part of the terms and Conditions of Entry. Participating in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, except employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, companies and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The Promotion commences 1st October, 2014, at 00.01 (AEST) and promotion closes 16.59 (AEDST) on 10 November, 2014. The judging will be done by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will begin on 28 November, 2014 at Turu’s office: 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh VIC 3166. The winners will be notified by telephone and in writing using the contact details given in their entry on 28th November, 2014.
- Entrants must log on to www.turu.com.au/gig and follow the prompts to the competition page and fill out the entry form including their email address, name and surname, address and daytime telephone number and answering the following question in 25 words or less: “Why do you want to go Gramping in the Grampians?” and submit the entry as instructed
- Incomplete, indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- It is a condition of entering the promotion that the entrants agree to be interviewed, photographed and filmed or the use of their or entry at any time by the Promoter or their agents for a story or feature on this promotion to be developed and featured in Turu website or social media pages (or any other form of media it deems suitable) without further remuneration or reference to the participant. Details may feature in Turu on a date to be determined by the Promoter. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
- This is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future promoter’s or their agents book publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
- Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The best five (5) valid entries as determined by the judges will be deemed the major prize winners and will each receive:
- Three (3) x nights’ accommodation for up to six (6) people at Halls Gap Lakeside Tourist Park
23-27 Tymna Drive, Halls Gap, VICTORIA valued at up to $975.00 – awarded in the form of a winner’s letter (voucher).
The total prize pool is valued at $4,875.00 (including GST). Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
- Vouchers are valid for six (6) months from the date of issue. Redemption of the voucher prizes are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash.
- Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass/ letter, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass/ letter. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass/ letter that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of prize at a venue is subject to the standard rules and regulations of that venue/s.
- Prize does not include travel to and from the accommodation venue (including but not limited to domestic flights), spending money, all other meals and beverages (unless specified), insurance and or ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize. These are the responsibility of the winner.
- Prize must be redeemed as a whole package by 30 June 2015. Accommodation booking is subject to availability and blackout periods apply. The prize cannot redeemed during times specified by the tourist park.
- In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification.
- The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
- The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
- If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 54618 053 273 546) care of Bauer Trader, ABN 18 053 273 54618 053 273 546, the promoter, at 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, Vic 3166.