Terms and Conditions | Western Australia Extraordinary promotion 2
Vote for your favourite destination in Australia
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prize forms part of the terms and Conditions of Entry. Participating in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, except employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, companies and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The Promotion commences 15 January, 2015 at 00.01 AEST and promotion closes 23.59 AEST 31st March, 2015. The judging and announcement will take place on 12/05/15 at 11.00am AEST at Turu’s office: 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh VIC 3166. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing using the contact details given in their entry on 13 May, 2015.
- Entrants must enter the competition via the following way:
Step 1: Vote for your best destination in Western Australia.
Go to www.turu.com.au/extraordinary and vote for your favourite destination in Western Australia out of the following:
Perth and surroundings
Margaret River and surroundings
Albany and surroundings
Esperance and surroundings
Step 2: In the same entry form as above, tell us in 25 words or less why you would want to win an extraordinary food and wine package in your chosen destination?
- Incomplete, indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Winner will be judged and deemed a winner based on the creativity of their entry.
- It is a condition of entering the promotion that the entrants agree to be interviewed, photographed and filmed or the use of their or entry (including their photograph) at any time by the Promoter or their agents for a story or feature on this promotion to be developed and featured in Caravan World (including but not limited to the magazine, website, IPAD edition, social media pages etc or any other form of media it deems suitable) without further remuneration or reference to the participant. Details may feature in Caravan World on a date to be determined by the Promoter. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
- The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future promoter’s or their agents book publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
- Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- 1 (one) winner will be deemed prize winner and will receive:
1 x Extraordinary Food and Wine Package which includes:
- Britz Campervan package. 4 berth campervan for 5 nights. Includes standard insurance, 2 outdoor chairs and table – valued at $1,500
- 5 night accommodation at the Busselton Holiday Park, powered site and gift on arrival - valued at $200
- This prized is valid for 1 year from time of competition draw. Blackout dates apply over Easter (3rd April 2015- 6th April 2015 inclusive) and Western Australia school holidays:
- Between 3 April, 2015 and 19 April, 2015 inclusive
- Between 4 July, 2015 and 19 July, 2015 inclusive
- Between 26 September and 11 October, 2015 inclusive
- Britz have an additional blackout period of 15 December 2015 – 31 January 2016. Subject to availability.
- All other items of personal nature and costs apart from those listed above are at the cost of the winner. Prize is to be used within 12 months of winner being notified of the prize.
- The total maximum prize value is $1,700 including GST. Values are provided by the suppliers and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of the Prize occurring between publishing date and date the Prize is claimed. All Prize values are in Australian dollars.
- The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prizes or any element of the Prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prize/s. The contents of the Prizes will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prizes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prizes. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
- (Winners from outside of Australia must make their own arrangements and cover all expenses associated with flying from their place of origin to a capital city within Australia.)
- Minimum car rental age is 25 years. Car available from Cairns Airport, Port Douglas or Palm Cove locations only and must be returned to the same location.( Additional one-way fees may apply if not returned to one of the above locations). Standard rental terms and conditions apply. Petrol, Stamp Duty, Taxes and Additional Coverage excluded. Offer is subject to availability and blackout periods may apply during Public & School Holidays.
- The ultimate prize winner must be expected to have their details announced by the promoter across but not limited to Social Media, Television, Radio, and Print.
- The prize must be taken as offered and is non transferrable. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
- The prize does not include any installation or set-up of any of the products.
- Products included in prize package (including but not limited to titles, colour, design, sizing, model, memory capacity, style etc.) will be determined by the promoter in its complete discretion. All prizes must be taken as offered.
- The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the Prize winner. Delivery of the Prize is valid to any state and/or city in Australia.
- In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification.
- The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
- The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
- If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion is governed by the Privacy Notice (see Contents Page for location in this issue).
- By entering this promotion, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the promotion, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
- The Promoter is Bauer Media Group ABN 18 053 273 546, care of Bauer Trader, ABN 18 053 273 546, the promoter, at 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, Vic 3166.