PARK OFFER 2 - Customer Receives 10% Discount as a Gramping devotee by providing a Promotion code “Gramping2014” at the time of booking.
Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on how to claim the 10% discount offer forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this discount offer is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Booking for this offer must be received between 11:59 AEDST 18 October 2014 and 11.59pm AEDST on 31 October 2014.
3. The promoter of this offer is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) trading as www.turu.com.au of Level 8, 54 Park Street, NSW 2000 .
4. To be eligible to claim the 10% discount offer, individuals must book a minimum of one (1) night’s accommodation at a participating holiday park via www.turu.com.au during the Booking Period, and provide the promotional code “Gramping2014” in the promotional code field at the time of booking.
5. Individuals must ensure they input all the requested personal details at the time of booking including their full name, date of birth, valid email address, address, telephone number to be eligible.
6. The list of participating holiday parks is available at turu.com.au & GrampingAssociation.com.au.
All individuals who validly complete the claim process will receive a 10% discount on their eligible booking. The discount will either be:
(i) applied at the time of booking (where the holiday park booking system allows it); or
(ii) credited to their credit card used for the eligible booking, within five (5) business days from the date of booking.
7. Only one (1) claim permitted per person and per household. The first booking made within the Booking Period will be deemed the eligible claim. All subsequent bookings made by that person or using the same household address, will not be eligible for the purposes of this offer.
Please confirm there is only 1 claim permitted per household; and only 1 claim permitted per person.
9. Park Offer 2 is a turu.com.au offer and is a discount provided on behalf of the individual participating holiday park.
11. The Promoter and its agents accept no responsibility for and in no circumstances will be responsible or liable to compensate the bearer of the promotional code for any liability relating to: (a) any inability by the bearer to use the promotional code properly or at all or (b) the lack of service which is or should be provided at any participating holiday park. Any dispute must be settled with the participating holiday park concerned.
12. The Promoter will not be held liable for any failure of a participating holiday park to honour or fulfil the discount offer. All offers are subject to the normal business guidelines of the participating holiday park only.
13. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its employees, excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage or personal injury, arising in any way out of a coupon holder participating in this offer, including, without limitation: (a) any technical difficulties; (b) claims for the 10% discount that are late, lost, damaged or misdirected prior to their receipt by the Promoter, or after receipt due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; and (c) any tax liability incurred by a promotional code holder.
14. Promotional codes are not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash, unless otherwise specified. Cash backs are not transferable or exchangeable.
15. The booking information is collected by the Promoter.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claim process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the offer. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
17. Incomplete or indecipherable claims will be deemed invalid.
18. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
19. The Promoter’s decision relating to all aspects of this offer is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. If this offer is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the offer, as appropriate.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this offer.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any discount offer claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; or (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant.