Explore Western Australia
Famous for its endless sunshine and brilliant beaches, Western Australia boasts a diversity of landscapes and experiences that are unique to this extraordinary State. From the epic landscapes in the North, to the marine wonderland of Ningaloo Reef; from the festival of colour when 12,000 species of wildflowers bloom, to the gourmet-lovers paradise of the Margaret River Wine Region – there's so much that makes Western Australia extraordinary.
To get your WA adventure off the ground, we're giving you up to $60 off your booking when you book two nights or more at turu.com.au.
Want to explore WA? Check out 5 top holiday ideas below...
1. Outback Journeys in WA
Venture into timeless landscapes of red rock and gorges for an epic road trip of Western Australia.
- Be amazed by some of the world’s oldest art, by one of the world’s oldest living cultures.
- Discover the unique beehive shaped domes of the Bungle Bungle Range in World Heritage listed Purnululu National Park.
- See the largest collection of wildflowers on Earth each June to November from the North to the South of the State.
- Visit the largest outdoor gallery on earth, Antony Gormley’s sculptures at Lake Ballard, Menzies.
- Hit the road in a motorhome to explore many of WA’s self-drive trails and national parks.
2. Coastal Escapes in WA
With over 12,000km’s of spectacular coastline, step into a world of awe-inspiring beauty and discover experiences found nowhere else on earth.
- Ride the spectacular Horizontal Waterfalls in the Kimberley, the only two waterfalls on earth which fall sideways.
- Take a camel train and enjoy the most amazing ocean sunset in the world at Cable Beach, Broome.
- Ningaloo Reef, Exmouth – one of few places on the planet where you can swim with the world’s biggest fish, the whale shark.
- See the wild dolphins at Monkey Mia, a rare occurrence anywhere in the world, but here it’s a daily routine.
3. Gourmet Lovers guide to WA
With an array of unique dining opportunities all celebrating local produce, you will be spoilt for choice.
- Indulge at Margaret River - Australia’s only wine region that boasts premium wines, sensational surf, caves and tall tree forests.
- Discover Western Australia’s oldest wine region – the stunning Swan Valley. With over 40 wineries, just half an hour’s drive from Perth.
- Try some bush tucker and discover new flavours and fascinating facts about Indigenous food.
- One of WA’s best kept foodie secrets is the black truffle industry in the South West town of Manjimup.
4. City Culture in WA
Australia’s sunniest capital Perth has more hours of sunshine than pretty much anywhere, and just as many ways to enjoy them.
- Join the buzz of excitement in Perth, with new bars, restaurants, retail outlets and cultural spaces adding to the stunning natural surroundings.
- Swim with wild dolphins in Rockingham, 45 minutes south of Perth.
- Live like a local and head over to picturesque Rottnest Island to spend your days swimming at one of the many pristine beaches and bays.
- Home to one of the largest inner city parks in the world, discover Kings Park only a short walk or free bus ride from the city centre.
5. Luxury Experiences in WA
Try a unique luxury experience only to be found in WA.
- Venture into the one of the last untouched wilderness areas on earth, the Kimberley Coast, on a luxury vessel.
- Five-star becomes one million stars…. in the sky that is. Try glamour camping, you won’t miss the comfort of luxury in one of the many safari camps in WA.
- Shop for a treasure that shines or sparkles, WA is renowned for its Kimberley diamonds, Broome pearls and Kalgoorlie gold.
- Take an exhilarating private helicopter ride to the edge of a dramatic gorge for a refreshing splash in a secluded freshwater lagoon.
*Find out about our exclusive offer here and read our full terms & conditions
Popular holiday destinations in WA