Forget the cheese and vegemite sandwiches, we guarantee the kids will love these quick and easy camping recipes - which have been tried and tested by real campers.
Better yet, kids love to help prepare food, so getting them involved in the cooking process is a fun activity the whole family can enjoy. Plus, it's a great way to keep them occupied for a few hours!
To get you started, here are a few simple recipes that are perfect for your next family camping trip. Whether you are looking for breakfast inspiration, quick dinner ideas or a no-fuss dessert, these recipes will have you covered.
1. Heat up a medium size fry pan with butter or oil.
2. Add bacon and cook until it begins to crisp (5-6 minutes).
3. Add the mushrooms and stir for a further 5 minutes.
4. Drain the excess liquid from the pan and make sure the mushroom and bacon is evenly spread.
5. Pour the eggs carefully so that they fill in the gaps between the ingredients.
6. Add tomatoes and spinach.
7. Top with cheese.
8. Cut slices of the Breakfast Pie straight from the pan and enjoy.
1. Cover the tortillas with pizza sauce.
2. Add your desired toppings (Kids will love designing their own pizza).
3. Top with cheese.
4. Place on the campfire or grill until cheese is melted.
5. Cut into slices and enjoy.
1. In a saucepan, mix half the salse with the beans until warm.
2. Place the bean mixture in the bottom of each taco.
3. Add the lettuce and avocado mash.
4. Top with cheese and extra salsa.
1. Wash the sweet potatoes and dry
2. Rub with olive oil and a pinch of salt
3. Wrap each potato in two layers of foil (Kids will love to help with this bit!).
4. Place directly on the coals and cook for 10-15 minutes. Turn potatoes and cook for the same time again.
5. Remove from fire and carefully unwrap each potato.
6. Roughly cut a cross in the centre of each potato (Do not cut all the way through).
7. Top with sour cream or yoghurt and chives.
1. Alternate threading the marshmallows and strawberries onto the skewers.
2. Carefully hold the skewers over the campfire until the marshmallows are lightly toasted.
3. In a saucepan, heat half a can of condensed milk, golden syrup and butter until golden and thick.
4. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the skewers.