Australian Open Tennis Championship
The Australian Open is the first of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments of the year. The event is held at Melbourne Park on the iconic blue hardcourt floors. The Australian Open was the first major tournament to feature indoor play during wet weather and extreme heat. The two main courts: Rod Laver Arena and Hicense Arena both feature retractable roofs.
All major tennis stars attend the Australian Open, purchase court tickets or a ground pass for your chance to see Djokovic, Murray, Nadal, Federer, Williams and Azarenka in action.
read on to discover more about Australian Open 2014 or read our guide to Melbourne to find things to do.
Australian Open 2014 dates
- Aus Open Tennis Championship will be held across 2 weeks in January.
- The tournament will run from January 13th - January 26th, 2014.
Australian Open 2014 tickets
- Tickets for the Aus Open Tennis Championship can be purchased from the Ticketek website. You are able to select and single day or night session, buy a package or purchase ground passes.
- For more information on Aus open ticket prices. Visit the website.
Australian Open 2014 venues
- The tournament is held at Melbourne Park.
- Rod Laver is the main arena.
- Hisence Arena is the other primary court.
Australian Open 2014 travel information
- Melbourne Park is easily accessible by many trams and buses. See website for more details.
- All tickets holders are able to access the Route 70 and 70a trams which depart from the CBD.
- Richmond station is the closest train station and a short walk from Melbourne Park.